Christian dating in halifax
The missionary was housed in a parsonage located at 8 Rosemount Avenue in Armdale which had been acquired by the Home Missions Board.In 1958 the Halifax congregation of the Christian Reformed Church was organized and the first consistory was installed. Bos continued to lead the congregation, exchanging his designation as a home missionary for that of a pastor. 88) whereby each congregation of the Christian Reformed Church then or thereafter established in Nova Scotia would be a body corporate by the name of the “Christian Reformed Church” of the place where the congregation is located.As the size of the church community grew, the attention of the Home Missions Board was drawn to the need for pastoral leadership.As a result, Ralph Bos, who had been serving as a home missionary to the Maritime provinces, began in 1954 to travel from his Truro home to lead the worship services which were by then being held regularly at the YMCA chapel.
The inclusion of a new manse permitted the sale in July, 1966, of the Rosemount Avenue property, which the congregation had acquired from the Home Missions Board in 1962.They partnered with others in the community and the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) and by 1984 had built a twenty-two unit housing cooperative on Creighton and Charles streets in an economically disadvantaged and racially mixed area of the city known as the old north end.